Ready, Sail, Skydive!
In honour of the International Breast Cancer Awareness month, Skydive Dubai will be participating in ‘”Ready, Sail, Skydive” on Tuesday, 31 October, as a final act to wrap up all the public awareness initiatives that the Pink Caravan have rolled out throughout October.
The Friends of Cancer Patients (FoCP) initiative, Pink Caravan is one of the most prominent campaigner for breast cancer awareness in the UAE and will stop at nothing on their mission to educate the nation’s populace about the importance of awareness when it comes to tackling breast cancer.
“A skydive is one of the most unforgettable ways to capture people’s attention, and that is what we want to do. This brilliant act will not only symbolize our support to thousands of women facing breast cancer in the UAE, but will be used to reinforce our continued efforts to educate the maximum number of people on how to detect physical changes in their body through self-examination” said Reem BinKaram, Head of Pink Caravan Ride Higher Steering Committee.
“I request citizens and residents of the UAE to take some time off their busy schedules and extend their support and solidarity for this noble cause, and join us as we take a giant leap in our efforts to spread breast cancer awareness in the nation with the sky skydive. I thank our supporting partners; Nakheel, Skydive Dubai and Zero Gravity Zone for helping us execute this event.” She added.
The pink skydive will be preceded by a pink regatta, which will feature five Nakheel boats embellished in pink that will begin their journey at the Dubai Marina pier and carry the message of breast cancer awareness along the waters of the Arabian Gulf, for an hour from 8:30 am to 9:30 am.
Lots of photo opportunities with the gigantic pink plane that will be used to perform the dive, courtesy Skydive Dubai, will be enjoyed by visiting supporters. Keep an eye out for the Dubai Marina skyline at around 11:00 am, which will be the backdrop for the pink skydivers who will dive out of the plane carrying a massive Pink Caravan flag. The public is welcome to come down to the Palm DZ and watch the flag jump.
With the “Ready, Sail, Skydive”, Pink Caravan aspires to do something unconventional and exciting to catch the attention of community members to raise breast cancer awareness. They want their adventure to motivate brave women (and some men) in the country to continue fighting breast cancer so that they, too, can fulfil their dreams to live life to the fullest.
Pink Caravan, the pan-UAE breast cancer awareness initiative by the Friends of Cancer Patients charity (FoCP), which was launched in 2011 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah and Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher Bint Mohammed Al Qasimi, Wife of the Ruler of Sharjah, Founder and Patron of the Friends of Cancer Patients Society (FoCP), International Ambassador of the World Cancer Declaration for Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) and International Ambassador for Childhood Cancer for UICC.
Skydive Dubai is an adventure sports brand known for its extraordinary and innovative pursuit of excellence in aerial sports and has developed two of the foremost skydiving locations worldwide.
Skydive Dubai has been featured in the New York Times, Condé Nast Traveler, the Daily Mail, CNN and has been at the forefront of excellence in the sport of skydiving for a number of years. From First Jump Courses (FJC) where beginners learn to skydive solo, to world-class events, VIP packages, stunts, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, Skydive Dubai has something for everyone!
– Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award in the category of the best national sports in 2015.
– TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, 2015 to 2017
– Skydive Dubai and Balloon Adventures UAE broke two official Guinness World Records in 2013 by dropping the most skydivers from a hot air balloon in one flight (40 skydivers) and simultaneously releasing the most skydivers at one time (25 skydivers). Watch now at http://youtu.be/BnvOygC2ayo
– Skydive Dubai sponsored Soul Flyers World Champions Vince Reffet and Fred Fugen break a new Guinness World Record in 2014 by BASE jumping from above the pinnacle of the World’s Tallest Building. Watch now at http://youtu.be/iD4qsWnjsNU
– Skydive Dubai athlete Ernesto Gainza, with landing the world’s smallest parachute, a JVX 35 sq. foot canopy, entered Skydive Dubai into the Guinness World Record in 2014. Watch now at http://youtu.be/8gV7QO1ZKzI
– TripAdvisor: Click here to leave a review or read one – Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/skydivedubai
– Desert Campus DZ on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkydiveDubaiDesertCampus/
– Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/skydivedubai
– Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/skydivedubai
– YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/skydivedubaivideo
– LinkedIn channel: http://www.linkedin.com/company/skydive-dubai
– Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/skydivedubai (skydivedubai)
December 25, 2018
Skydive Dubai locations are closed today.
January 01, 2019
Happy New Year!
Skydive Dubai locations are closed today.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO BECOME A LICENSED SKYDIVER?
The first thing you need to do is take our Accelerated Free Fall Course (AFF). Afterwards you work towards you’re A (25 jumps), B (100 jumps), C (200 jumps) and D (500 jumps) license by fulfilling the requirements for each.