Desert Campus DZ opening August 31
Now call for fun jumpers and AFF students! Skydive Dubai Desert Campus activities will be starting in late August with full operations resuming on September 28. Get the full details below.
Skydive Dubai Desert Campus will start on August 28 with it’s new season.
The month of August and September schedule of operations will be dedicated to skydivers who are looking to get in some fun jumps and for anyone who needs to refresh. Flight-1 courses will also be available. Click here to inquire about taking a Flight-1 canopy piloting course.
Anyone who has less than 200 jumps and has not skydived in three months or more from August 31 will need to have refresher skydive or course.
Need more details about if you need a refresher? Please contact the Desert Campus manifest closer to August 31 with any questions.
Additionally, our operations team asks that you turn your rig into Palm rigging loft (July and August) or the Desert Campus rigging loft (late August onwards) for repacks. Please remember to also renew your licenses and memberships before manifesting.
Tandem skydiving, water training, skill camps, other thrilling activities will not begin until full operations are underway. The first full day of operations is scheduled for September 28 with the first ground school on September 29.
Be sure you have signed up for the licensed skydiver newsletter to receive operations updates as more activities are confirmed in the coming weeks and months ahead.
August 29, Safety Day. Our safety day will start at 4 pm.
All who attend the safety day will have one solo full altitude jump ticket credited to their account.
Speakers for this year’s Safety Day will be:
Freefly: Brad Merritt
Camera: Mason Holden
Fatality report: Cristian “Shunkka” Ardelean
Wingsuit: Darren Burke
Additionally, the topics of malfunction review and recurrent training will be with our Accelerated Freefall instructors.
August 31, Limited skydiving operations begin.
Days Open: Thursday, Friday and Saturday only.
Manifest will open at 5 am
First plane load at 6 am
Manifest closes at 10 am*
* Manifest closing time is subject to weather conditions. Manifest might stay open longer
than 10 am or might close before 10 am depending on weather conditions.)
Days available: Thursday, Friday and Saturday only
Ground school classes will start at 5 am, 8 am, and 12 pm.
All refresh skydives in September will pay full price for their jump ticket (AED 350). As a thank you for coming for your refresh skydive during the month of September, Skydive Dubai will credit your account with 1 free jump ticket that can be used within in one year’s time.
All refresh AFF jumps will be AED 650 / 750 for the first jump only.
Skydive Dubai is an adventure sports brand known for its extraordinary and innovative pursuit of excellence in aerial sports and has developed two of the foremost skydiving locations worldwide.
Skydive Dubai has been featured in the New York Times, Condé Nast Traveler, the Daily Mail, CNN and has been at the forefront of excellence in the sport of skydiving for a number of years. From First Jump Courses (FJC) where beginners learn to skydive solo, to world-class events, VIP packages, stunts, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, Skydive Dubai has something for everyone!
– Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award in the category of the best national sports in 2015.
– TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, 2015 to 2017
– Skydive Dubai and Balloon Adventures UAE broke two official Guinness World Records in 2013 by dropping the most skydivers from a hot air balloon in one flight (40 skydivers) and simultaneously releasing the most skydivers at one time (25 skydivers). Watch now at http://youtu.be/BnvOygC2ayo
– Skydive Dubai sponsored Soul Flyers World Champions Vince Reffet and Fred Fugen break a new Guinness World Record in 2014 by BASE jumping from above the pinnacle of the World’s Tallest Building. Watch now at http://youtu.be/iD4qsWnjsNU
– Skydive Dubai athlete Ernesto Gainza, with landing the world’s smallest parachute, a JVX 35 sq. foot canopy, entered Skydive Dubai into the Guinness World Record in 2014. Watch now at http://youtu.be/8gV7QO1ZKzI
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/skydivedubai
– Desert Campus DZ on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkydiveDubaiDesertCampus/
– Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/skydivedubai
– Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/skydivedubai
– YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/skydivedubaivideo
– LinkedIn channel: http://www.linkedin.com/company/skydive-dubai
– Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/skydivedubai (skydivedubai)
December 25, 2018
Skydive Dubai locations are closed today.
January 01, 2019
Happy New Year!
Skydive Dubai locations are closed today.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO BECOME A LICENSED SKYDIVER?
The first thing you need to do is take our Accelerated Free Fall Course (AFF). Afterwards you work towards you’re A (25 jumps), B (100 jumps), C (200 jumps) and D (500 jumps) license by fulfilling the requirements for each.