Desert Campus DZ May 2018 Timings
Next month Skydive Dubai Desert Campus will be open only during weekends. Licensed skydivers will be able to begin manifesting at 5 am with the first plane load at sunrise. Operations will continue as long as weather conditions permit.
The weekends the Desert Campus DZ will be open in May are:
May 4 to 5
May 11 to 12
May 18 to 19
May 25 to 26
Customers interested in ticking off their bucket list a tandem skydive at the Desert Campus can inquire about availability here. Bookings for tandem skydives at the Desert Campus DZ will resume in October.
Starting June 1, the Desert Campus DZ will shutdown for the summer.
Licensed skydivers interested in reviewing the briefing information or with further queries can contact the Desert Campus staff directly using this form.
Skydive Dubai appreciates our licensed skydiving customers and wishes them blue skies and soft landings.
Skydive Dubai is an adventure sports brand known for its extraordinary and innovative pursuit of excellence in aerial sports and has developed two of the foremost skydiving locations worldwide.
Skydive Dubai has been featured in the New York Times, Condé Nast Traveler, the Daily Mail, CNN and has been at the forefront of excellence in the sport of skydiving for a number of years. From First Jump Courses (FJC) where beginners learn to skydive solo, to world-class events, VIP packages, stunts, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, Skydive Dubai has something for everyone!
– Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award in the category of the best national sports in 2015.
– TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, 2015 to 2017
– Skydive Dubai and Balloon Adventures UAE broke two official Guinness World Records in 2013 by dropping the most skydivers from a hot air balloon in one flight (40 skydivers) and simultaneously releasing the most skydivers at one time (25 skydivers). Watch now at http://youtu.be/BnvOygC2ayo
– Skydive Dubai sponsored Soul Flyers World Champions Vince Reffet and Fred Fugen break a new Guinness World Record in 2014 by BASE jumping from above the pinnacle of the World’s Tallest Building. Watch now at http://youtu.be/iD4qsWnjsNU
– Skydive Dubai athlete Ernesto Gainza, with landing the world’s smallest parachute, a JVX 35 sq. foot canopy, entered Skydive Dubai into the Guinness World Record in 2014. Watch now at http://youtu.be/8gV7QO1ZKzI
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/skydivedubai
– Desert Campus DZ on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkydiveDubaiDesertCampus/
– Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/skydivedubai
– Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/skydivedubai
– YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/skydivedubaivideo
– LinkedIn channel: http://www.linkedin.com/company/skydive-dubai
– Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/skydivedubai (skydivedubai)
February 21, 2019
Skydive Dubai Desert Campus is running instructional courses for coach, AFF, and tandem ratings during the 2018–2019 skydiving season.
If you’ve ever dreamed of working in skydiving this your chance to get your rating!
Click here http://www.skydivedubai.ae/school/tandem-instructor-courses.html to get in-depth information about the course.
The next tandem instructor rating course will take place at the Desert Campus from February 21 to 24.
(Actual class length is dependent on the number of students in the course and may be shorter than stated.)
To gain a rating as a tandem instructor you must have a D licence.
For more information or to sign-up, contact Skydive Dubai Desert Campus by logging on to skydivedubai.ae, use the contact form on the Desert Campus briefing page, and choose the “I want to take the Vector Sigma Tandem Certification Course” option.
Note, start and stop time is an estimate. Your instructor will confirm timings once you are confirmed for the course.
March 12, 2019
Live the dream and teach your passion! We will be offering the AFF instructor rating course on March 12 to 17.
The AFF instructional rating course is for those who have held a coach rating for a minimum of 12 months, or who have at least 500 skydives using a ram-air canopy.
Other requirements include, a C license, at least 6 hours logged freefall time and a copy of the Instructional Rating Manual (IRM), which can be downloaded for free from The United States Parachute Association’s website.
The AFF instructor proficiency card – found in the IRM – must also be fully completed prior to the course date.
For more information or to sign-up, contact the Desert Campus by logging on to skydivedubai.ae. Use the contact form on the Desert Campus briefing page, and choose the “I want to take the AFF Rating Course” option.
April 05, 2019
Skydive Dubai’s rating courses can take you from weekend warrior to professional skydiver.
We are offering a coach rating course and it will take place from April 5 to 7.
To gain a coach rating you must have a B license and a minimum of 100 skydives.
We have shared extensive information about the Coach Course here: http://www.skydivedubai.ae/school/instructional-ratings-courses.html.
To sign-up, stop in at the check-in desk at the DZ or contact us by logging on to skydivedubai.ae, use the contact form on the Desert Campus briefing page, and choose the “I want to take Coach Course” option.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO BECOME A LICENSED SKYDIVER?
The first thing you need to do is take our Accelerated Free Fall Course (AFF). Afterwards you work towards you’re A (25 jumps), B (100 jumps), C (200 jumps) and D (500 jumps) license by fulfilling the requirements for each.